Healthcare Business Transactions
Our attorneys handle a broad array of sales, leases, mergers, financing transactions, and affiliations for healthcare providers. Because of the specialized nature of the health care industry, a health care business transaction often requires the skills of both a seasoned business lawyer and a healthcare attorney. The attorneys at Wolfe | Pincavage bring both sets of skills to the transactions it performs for its healthcare clients.
A substantial number of the firm’s business transactions involve physicians and other healthcare providers. We regularly assist with licensure, reimbursement and other regulatory matters related to mergers and acquisitions. Our attorneys have considerable experience in analyzing and structuring physician and provider arrangements, which requires a thorough understanding of self-referral, anti-kickback, corporate practice of medicine, licensing, and other regulatory concerns.
Many of the firm’s attorneys serve not only as legal counsel, but also as trusted strategic advisors to clients. Our attorneys often act as outside general counsel for our clients, providing ongoing representation and assistance with a wide variety of day-to-day contracting, regulatory, and other legal matters.
Our attorneys frequently assist clients with healthcare business transactions such as:
• Physician practice organization
• Management service organization
• Regulatory compliance advice for all provider types
• Formation of practice management companies
• Billing services agreements
• Marketing services agreements
• Mergers & acquisitions
• Hospital-based physician contracts
• Hospital service management agreements
• Counseling for fraud and abuse and corporate practice of medicine issues
• Construction contracts
• Employment contracts
• Real and personal property leases and shared space agreements
• Real estate acquisitions