Danya J. Pincavage is a founder of Wolfe Pincavage, LLP. She is a skilled litigator with more than a decade of trial experience in both state and federal court.
Danya was previously a shareholder at a prestigious Miami-based law firm where she represented businesses and individuals in complex disputes with insurance companies. She represented clients in a diverse range of insurance matters in breach of contract, declaratory judgment, and bad faith actions, and relies on this experience to efficiently and creatively resolve her clients’ insurance issues. Danya is a zealous advocate with significant jury trial experience in Florida's state and federal courts.
In 2016, Danya attained an AV-Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, based on the reviews of her peers. Danya was selected as a Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star" for Insurance Coverage in 2014 and 2015, and a Florida Trend Legal Elite “Up and Comer” in 2008. She is licensed to practice law in Florida and Connecticut.
Danya received her undergraduate degree from Dartmouth College and her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law, both cum laude. While in law school, Danya was the Student Writing Editor for the The University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, and a Dean’s Fellow.
Danya is a native of Westport, Connecticut, and a lifelong New York Yankees fan. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, cooking, gardening, and reading fiction.
Recent Presentations and Articles
- Coverage and Claims Information for Victims of Hurricane Irma, American Bar Association, September 25, 2017
- NBI Seminar, Bad Faith and Breach of Contract Litigation, December 1, 2016
- Strafford Publications Webinar, Demystifying the Bad Faith Set-Up, August 16, 2016
- Strafford Publications Webinar, Insurance Bad Faith Claims: Expanding Scope of Insurers’ Liability From Policyholder and Insurer Perspectives, February 2, 2016
- American Conference Institute’s 31st National Forum on Bad Faith Claims & Litigation, Issues on the Horizon in Bad Faith: Inside the Year’s Top Cases and What to Expect for the Second Half of 2015, Chicago, Illinois, July 27-28, 2015
- Windstorm Insurance Network’s 15th Annual Conference, Mock Evidentiary Hearing on Insured’s Compliance with Post-Loss Conditions Prior to Appraisal, Orlando, Florida, January 27 – 29, 2014