Becky is an active listener that focuses her career on delivering insight on a range of healthcare-related matters. She represents healthcare providers, such as hospitals, physician groups, behavioral health providers, air ambulance companies, and telemedicine providers, in a variety of transactional, regulatory, and managed care matters. She strives to create strategies that efficiently solve her clients’ complex matters.
I believe it is important to speak the client’s lingo and find creative ways to further their business interests and goals while remaining compliant with the law.
Much of Becky’s experience is concentrated in counseling clients with respect to healthcare reimbursement and billing, regulatory compliance, and other operational matters. She acts as general counsel and assists the firm’s healthcare clients with a wide array of operational, regulatory, and compliance matters, including consulting on privacy laws, fraud and abuse issues, and legislative and regulatory advocacy. In addition, Becky has assisted healthcare providers with structuring transactions that allow them to become more competitive within the industry.
Becky is a CrossFit enthusiast who enjoys community volunteering in her free time.
- University of Miami, B.A. magna cum laude
- University of Miami Law School, J.D. magna cum laude
- University of Miami School of Medicine, M.P.H. magna cum laude
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), Florida Chapter
- Florida Association of Accountable Care Organizations (FLAACOs)
Recognitions / Awards
- Florida Rising Stars Super Lawyer 2020
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s “40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida”
- HOPE Public Interest Innovation Service Award 2015 year
Recent Presentations & Articles
- Price Transparency Mandate – Making Sense of the CMS Final Rule, Waystar webinar, June 18, 2020.
- CMS Treatment Preapproval Rules Will Drive Up Health Costs, Law360, March 16, 2020.
- Negotiating with Third-Party Payors in the ERA of MIPS & APM, FCOM Combined Otolaryngology Meeting & Network of Florida Otolaryngologists 2017 Annual Meeting, November 10-11, 2017.
- Medical Marijuana in the Hospital Setting: Are You Ready, South Florida Hospital News & Healthcare Report, May 2017.