Becky is an active listener that focuses her career on delivering insight on a range of healthcare-related matters. She represents healthcare providers, such as hospitals, physician groups, behavioral health providers, and telemedicine providers, in a variety of managed care, revenue cycle, transactional, and regulatory. She strives to create strategies that efficiently solve her clients’ complex matters.
I believe it is important to speak the client’s lingo and find creative ways to further its business interests and goals while remaining compliant with the law.
Becky assists her clients throughout their contract negotiations with private and governmental payers and assists them in developing successful managed care strategies. Additionally, Becky helps clients maximize their recovery of underpaid and denied claims by successfully resolving complex denials, underpayment trends, plan audits, and overpayments. Becky also consults clients on a wide array of healthcare related operational, regulatory, and compliance matters. Becky graduated with a JD/MPH dual degree from the University of Miami School of Law and School of Medicine.
Becky is a CrossFit enthusiast who enjoys community volunteering in her free time.
- University of Miami, B.A. magna cum laude
- University of Miami Law School, J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Miami School of Medicine, M.P.H. magna cum laude
- Board Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), Florida Chapter
Recognitions / Awards
- HFMA, Florida Chapter, Director’s Award of Excellence, 2022-2023
- South Florida Business & Wealth, Apogee Award Honoree, 2022
- Florida Rising Stars Super Lawyer 2020-2022
- HFMA, Florida Chapter, Behind the Scenes Award, 2021-2022
- HFMA, Florida Chapter, Outstanding Volunteer Award 2020-2021
- HFMA, Florida Chapter, Be the Change Award, 2019-2020
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s “40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida”
- HOPE Public Interest Innovation Service Award 2015
Recent Presentations & Articles
- No Surprises Act: Our New Reality, 2022 Florida HFMA Fall Conference, September 19, 2022
- The No Surprises Act 9 Months: Where are we 9 Months in? Premier Inc Quarterly Academic CFO Meeting, September 8, 2022
- Are you Ready for the No Surprise Act? HealthLeaders Revenue Cycle with Becky Greenfield, HealthLeaders Podcast, November 8, 2021.
- No Surprises Act and its Intersection with Fla.’s Balance Billing Protections, Daily Business Review, February 2, 2021.
- Price Transparency Mandate – Making Sense of the CMS Final Rule, Waystar webinar, June 18, 2020.
- CMS Treatment Preapproval Rules Will Drive Up Health Costs, Law360, March 16, 2020.
- Negotiating with Third-Party Payors in the ERA of MIPS & APM, FCOM Combined Otolaryngology Meeting & Network of Florida Otolaryngologists 2017 Annual Meeting, November 10-11, 2017.
- Medical Marijuana in the Hospital Setting: Are You Ready, South Florida Hospital News & Healthcare Report, May 2017.