Cristina provides clients with effective and creative problem-solving tailored to their business needs and objectives. As a commercial litigator, she specializes in various types of corporate and insurance disputes and cross-border litigation, managing, resolving, and trying multi-party and complex claims.
With demonstrated mediation and arbitration experience, Cristina facilitates and implements workable solutions for disputing parties. She also advises and assists clients with developing cost-effective, pragmatic approaches, conducting comprehensive risk analysis when launching or dissolving business entities and relationships.
Fully bilingual and well-versed in the Civil Law norms and customs of various Latin American countries, Cristina brings a unique perspective and depth of understanding when counseling Latin American clients.
A deep appreciation of clients’ commercial needs and interests and the culture in which they operate is critical for identifying potential litigation risks and solutions. Committed to excellence in client service and cognizant of potential legal exposures, I strive to comprehend firsthand the intricacies of each client’s business to craft tailored strategies that support long-term growth.
Cristina has developed a robust pro-bono immigration practice and serves as a director and vice president of Yes Sister Friend! Inc., a Florida not-for-profit corporation.
Outside of work, Cristina practices yoga, tests out new cooking recipes, and spends time outdoors with her husband, kids and two pups.
- Cornell University Professional Mediation Certificate (to be completed May 2021)
- University of Florida- Fredric G. Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.A.
- Florida Supreme Court Certified County and Circuit Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator
- Chair, The Florida Bar Grievance Committee 11H
- Mediator, Florida Department of Financial Services
- Arbitrator, The Florida Bar Fee Dispute Arbitration Program
- Pro Bono Attorney, Immigration Equality
- The Florida Bar, Business Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections
- 2019 Human Rights Volunteer Award, received as a member of the Somali 92 Team
- 2019 Arthur C. Helton Memorial Human Rights Award, received as a member of the Somali 92 Team
- 2016-2018 Stroock Public Service Project Pro Bono Award