From public service to private practice, David DaPonte has amassed abundant experience in commercial and healthcare litigation and arbitrations. He has a keen understanding of managed care disputes, healthcare regulatory matters, and federal and state rules of procedure. As an associate attorney at Wolfe Pincavage, he successfully argues dispositive motions and favorably settles cases. He uses his litigation expertise to tackle legal issues and advocates on behalf of his provider clients’ contractual and statutory rights, securing settlements and recovering compensation for the important work they do.
Before joining Wolfe Pincavage, David served as a legislative assistant in the Florida House of Representatives where he advised on policy and handled constituent matters. Thereafter, he joined a boutique Miami litigation firm where he successfully represented a diverse spectrum of clients including assignees of various Medicare Advantage Organizations in federal class actions and multidistrict litigation across the country.
David received recognition as a “Rising Star” in the Super Lawyers 2021 through 2023 editions. Additionally, he was acknowledged in the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch edition for 2022 and 2023.
He holds a J.D. from Florida International University, and a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Central Florida graduating cum laude. He obtained his bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from the University of Central Florida. Before his legal studies, David was an adjunct professor at Valencia College.
Notable Matters + History
- Represented assignees of various Medicare Advantage Organizations in federal class actions and multidistrict litigation around the country.
- Obtained a class settlement for individuals who were wrongfully denied coverage for life-saving hepatitis C treatment by Centene Corporation, Inc.
- Represented third-party payers in multidistrict litigation (“MDL”) against pharmaceutical companies arising from the manufacture, sale, and distribution of contaminated blood pressure medications, valsartan, losartan, and irbesartan.
- University of Central Florida, bachelor’s degree in political science
- University of Central Florida, master’s degree in public administration
- Florida International University, J.D.
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida