Gabriela Guzman is a staff attorney at Wolfe Pincavage. In this role, she investigates and navigates the complex climate of healthcare law by staying on top of the latest regulations and rulings that stand to impact the firm’s provider clients. Through rigorous data collection pertinent to ongoing provider disputes and claims analysis, Gabriela helps identify patterns and trends to build the firm’s analytics capabilities. She is also a skillful writer and drafts a variety of legal documents on behalf of health system clients throughout Florida.
She was previously a global health intern with the Department of Health and Human Services and represented the United States in critical global health negotiations and policy discussions. Gabriela also worked as a research assistant for the O’Neil Institute for National and Global Health Law where she researched and collected data on existing pharmaceutical payment methods used by CMS’s Medicaid and individual state’s correctional institutions relating to funding of drugs through 340B waivers and Managed Care contracts. Prior to that she served as a law clerk with the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Counsel to the Inspector General and was also a law clerk with the Fort Lauderdale-based Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP.
She holds an LL.M. in National and Global Health from Georgetown University Law Center graduating with honors, and a J.D. from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law graduating cum laude. While at Nova Southeastern University, she was placed on the Dean’s List every year. Other notable academic achievements include a Top 8 Team Memorandum distinction at the 2021 National Health Law Transactional Competition, a Second Place Best Preliminary Oralist award, and the Gold Pro Bono Award for her work in HIV criminalization research at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). During her time in Washington, D.C., she earned the Cali Excellence for the Future Award for her industry epidemics and non-communicable diseases course.
Gabriela is fluent in Spanish and is admitted to the Florida State Bar.
- Florida State Bar
- Florida State University, B.A.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, J.D., concentration in Health Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., National and Global Health Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, Food and Drug Law Certificate
- Florida Bar Health Law Section
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Food and Drug Law Institute (FDLI)
- Gabriela M. Guzman, An International Comparative Study of the United States, the Netherlands, and Mexico: Pandemic Responses in Prisons and Correctional Institutions During the 1918 Spanish Flu and the Era of COVID-19, 27.3 ILSA J. Int’l & Comp. L. (Summer 2021).
- Gabriela M. Guzman, An Expansionist View of Global Health, Georgetown University Global Health Institute (April 27, 2023) https://globalhealth.georgetown.edu/responses/an-expansionist-view-of-global-health.